access an old xp hard drive D:\ from windows 7 on c:\
Windows tells me i dont have access as the administrator and owner of the information on my own hard drive.
MS needs to get their ____ together...
Solutions to the Problem access an old xp hard drive D:\ from windows 7 on c:\
Take ownership of the files and folders on it:
How To: Take Ownership Of A Folder/File In Windows 7
Teching It Easy: With Windows |ActiveWin |Notebooks |
Windows Restore - Totally Fix All Errors including access an old xp hard drive D:\ from windows 7 on c:\
- Click on the Start button on the Taskbar.
- Type "System Restore" (without quotes) in the Search box and hit Enter or,
- Click on System Restore (when you see System Restore pop up in the list of search results).
- Make sure the "Recommended restore" radio button is checked on the restore utility window.
- Click on Next and follow the instructions given.
Note: There is the option on the restore utility to select "Choose a different restore point". Unless you have a specific reason to select a different date and time than what Windows recommends, just select the recommended option stated in the steps above. If you choose to select another one, follow these steps:Click on that desired date and time, and Windows 7 will perform a scan for any affected programs in that restore point.
Once completed, click Next and follow the instructions given.
Once you have selected the restore point, your system will start the restoring process, after which you will have to restart the system.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: access an old xp hard drive D:\ from windows 7 on c:\:
How to Fix access an old xp hard drive D:\ from windows 7 on c:\ with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Solution to Error: Acrobat fails to update.,[Solution] a strange password keeps coming up when I sign in it's not mine; it happened when I was asked to insert a \"code\" last week,Solution to Error: Accessing CHKDSK log on Windows 7,A file is deleted, the recycle bin changes to show it has contents, but opening the bin shows zero files. [Solved],Fast Solution to Error: Acer Aspire S3 - Out of nowhere computer now takes 20 minutes to boot up and about 5-10 minutes to shut down,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up