Copy certificate from one pc to another (XP Pro to XP PRO)
How should I locate and copy my certificate from one PC to another? Thank you.
Anwsers to the Problem Copy certificate from one pc to another (XP Pro to XP PRO)
Welcome to Microsoft Windows Vista Forums.
To import a certificate
In the console tree, click the logical store where you want to import the certificate.
Certificates - Certificate holder > Logical store
On the Action menu, point to All Tasks and then click Import to start the Certificate Import Wizard.
Type the file name containing the certificate to be imported.
(You can also click Browse and navigate to the file.)
5.If it is a PKCS #12 file, do the following:
• Type the password used to encrypt the private key
• (Optional) If you want to be able to use strong private key protection, select the Enable strong private key protection check box.
• (Optional) If you want to back up or transport your keys at a later time, select the Mark key as exportable check box.
Do one of the following:
• If the certificate should be automatically placed in a certificate store based on the type of certificate, select automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate.
• if you want to specify where the certificate is stored, select Place all certificates in the following store, click Browse, and select the certificate store to use
To export a certificate
Do one of the following:
• If you are in Logical Certificate Stores view mode, in the console tree, click Certificates.
Certificates - Certificate holder > Logical store > Certificates
• If you are in Certificate Purpose view mode, in the console tree, click Purpose.
Certificates - Certificate holder > Purpose
In the details pane, click the certificate you want to export.
On the Action menu, point to All Tasks, and then click Export.
In the Certificate Export Wizard, click No, do not export the private key.
(This option will appear only if the private key is marked as exportable and you have access to the private key.)
Provide the following information in the Certificate Export Wizard:
• Select the file format you want to use to store the exported certificate: a DER-encoded file, a Base64-encoded file, or a PKCS #7 file.
• If you are exporting the certificate to a PKCS #7 file, you also have the option to include all certificates in the certification path
Check the Link “Import and Exporting Certicate:
Export Certificate: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sag_cmprocsimport.mspx?mfr=true
Import Certificate: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sag_cmprocsimport.mspx?mfr=true
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
To install drivers and other optional updates
- To install optional updates, you need to review and then select them from the list of updates that Windows finds for your computer. Optional updates are not installed automatically.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click View available updates.
- Select the optional updates that you want, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Copy certificate from one pc to another (XP Pro to XP PRO):
How to Fix Copy certificate from one pc to another (XP Pro to XP PRO) with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: How Can You Update & Download NVidia 6100, 6800 GS/XT Display Driver v.260.89 WHQL,Where to Download NVidia GeForce 8800 GT WHQL-certified driver v.196.21,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce Go 7400 Display Driver v.260.19.12,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 460M Driver v.331.82,Download NVidia Quadro Plex Model IV VGA Driver v.304.43 Certified,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.220.127.116.1186,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.18.104.22.1680,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.22.214.171.1249,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.126.96.36.1995,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: Troubleshooting:Corrupted Input Language\/Keyboard \/ Windows 7?,Fast Solution to Problem: Copy a Range of Cells to Another,Fast Solution to Problem: critical situation with acer laptop,[Solution] CPU Process in window 7 100%,Troubleshooter of Error: Currency Gadget does not give correct reading,Closing Internet Explorer causes error,Compare 2 Tables and Calculate the PROFIT Faster,Computer goes to Windows Boot Manager after Start,Connect to one of my network computer remotely when don't allow exception box Marked,computer locking up randomly