all windows store apps not working
i am running windows 8.1 pro 64-bit
whenever i open a windows app the window jus flashes and closes and even third party apps.
visited my event viewer and saw a lot of these errors:
Log Name: System
Date: 12.6.14 18:24:51
Event ID: 10010
Task Category: None
The server App.AppXvv7n325kcqnwzg3phr357ps5rd3ed9hn.mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
tried all the fixes posted before for instance the wsreset.exe and flags a message box "application did not start"
im using a Microsoft account tried creating a local account and did work as well.
did the sfc/scannow and as well it gave a positive results, no integrity violations..
tried changing the package key ownership it didn't help..
so im still looking for resolutions.
im running avast and have done all the windows updates to date
Anwsers to the Problem all windows store apps not working
i did method 4 and still there is no change that same error as posted above is still showing, sadly i can not make changes to any dcom settings a message box is showing in the regedit saying access denied even when im using my administrator account,
here are the references to the registry key ownership
Click the "Start" button, then enter "Dcomcnfg" into the search box and press "Enter." Wait while Windows configures and launches the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Component Services Snap-in application.
Double-click the "Component Services" link in the left side of the MMC window.
Double-click the links underneath to navigate to "Computers" > "My Computer" > "DCOM Config" > "Microsoft Windows Remote Shell Host."
Right-click on "Microsoft Windows Remote Shell Host," then click "Properties" when the pop-up menu appears.
Wait for the "Properties" window to display, then click the "Security" tab in the "Launch and Activation Permissions" area.
Click "Customize" and then the "Edit" button.
In the "Edit" window, assign the following permissions:
"Everyone -- Local Launch and Local Activation"
"Network Service, System, Administrators Group, Interactive--Local Launch, Remote Launch, Local Activation and Remote Activation" (enable all of the checkboxes)
Close the MMC snap-in utility.
Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.
Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_7467534_fix-dcom-error.html
The following finally fixed all issues for me (Store and all apps broken with black X, can't access PC Settings):
1) Fixing the app store:
1. Open registry editor typing regedit.exe from a command line.
2. Browse to the registry key at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\appmodel\repository\packages.
3. Right click on the “packages” key and bring up the “Permissions” tab.
4. Click the “Advanced” button located at the bottom right corner.
5. Check to see the account name that shows up as the “Owner” (this is the first line of text on the “advanced security settings” dialog for the “packages” key).
It should say “SYSTEM”. (For me this showed the built-in local Administrators group)
6. If it is any other account, click on the “Change” button next to it.
7. Type SYSTEM in the “select user” dialog.
If “Multiple Names Found” window comes up, select the row for “SYSTEM”.
8. Click OK to the dialogs and close them all.
9. Run from admin command prompt: Powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml
2) Fixing all modern apps:
Run from admin PowerShell:
((Get-ChildItem "HKLM:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\InboxApplications") | Get-ItemProperty).Path | Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode
* When I ran this the black X persisted until after the next step and reboot. But trying to start an app gives me a new message and a link to the store.
3) Fixing 3rd party apps:
Delete the regkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\[UserSid]
4) Restart. After a reboot the apps still showed the black X for a minute or so, but it soon cleared up on its own and all apps seemed to be working again. I was also able to update the apps from the app
store once signing in with a Microsoft account. Finally, I am again able to get into PC Settings.
This particular error can easily be resolved with a few simple steps. However, if you are not confident in your ability to use the methods below or they do not fully remove the issue on your computer, you may want to seek the assistance of a qualified repair technician who is well versed in fixing all windows store apps not working.
- Back-up the Registry of your operating system.
- Find the Registry Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade]
- Note: this Registry Key should already exist, if it does not exist, create it.
- Create a brand new DWORD Value that is named AllowOsUpdate
- Set the Value to 0x00000001.
- Close and reopen your Control Panel.
- Restart the Microsoft Windows.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: all windows store apps not working:
How to Fix all windows store apps not working with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your computer.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: error message fsui.exe/ wlidcli.dll is missing
,Solution to Error: Excel: Automatic number generation
,Troubleshoot:i wanna change language of all windows in Windows 7 Home Premium
,Troubleshooting:IF Function, if the vendor ID in column A matches any of the vendor ID's in column F, I want 1099 to appear in column D. Error
,Fast Solution to Problem: ReadyBoost is not working properly in my computer
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),brclr.dll.mu_ Missing Error Fixer,How To Resolve Missing fin_myagtui.eng Problem,Corrupted f_0006ad File - How to Fix,nkebigvg.cpl Not Found Error Fixer,Corrupted olcontrols.ocx File - How to Fix
Read More: Solution to Error: Application not responding,How to Fix - amd radeon 6600m and 6700m series don't work in windows 8 ? what i do now ??,How to Fix - Append 2 tables in one to many relationship?,Troubleshooting:Apply existing formula to a new row automatically. Error,Troubleshoot:Allowing specific users to edit ranges in a protected worksheet Error,After Windows Update CD/DVD drive does not work,After installing windows 7 to laptop the labels print out of line how can I fix it,After my computer sleeps the wireless always disconnects and will no reconnect,After signing into Pogo.com, I get a message" This tab has been recovered"....what does this mean and how do I fix it.....,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open