Atheros wireless network adapter cannot be turned on
I'm having trouble with my wireless network adapter.I recently installed Win7 and now The device cannot be turned on.I checked the device properties in " device manager",but according to that the device is working properly.I also updated the drivers online
,but that also did not fix the problem.It is a Atheros product AR5007ED.
PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!
Anwsers to the Problem Atheros wireless network adapter cannot be turned on
Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if you are able to turn on the Atheros wireless network adapter:
I suggest you to run Network troubleshooter that would helps us to diagnose and repair network problems.
Access the below link to run Network troubleshooter
If the Network troubleshooter doesn’t help you, check if you are able to disable the device in ‘Safe Mode with Networking’.
Below are the steps which talks about how to get into ‘Safe Mode with Networking’:
1. Restart your computer if it is powered on.
2. Tap the F8 key after your computer initially powers on.
3. Once you see the Advanced Boot Options menu you can stop tapping.
4. Use the up/down arrow keys to highlight your selection.
5. Select Safe Mode with Networking ‘and press Enter.
6. You should see drivers loading, and then please wait.
7. You should then be at the Welcome Screen.
8. Logon to your computer using an account with Administrator privileges.
Access the below link to know more about ‘Safe Mode with Networking’:
I see that many users have come across this issue and they have fixed it by installing the old drivers for the Atheros wireless network adapter from the manufacturer’s website, give a shot.
Manasa P – Microsoft Support.
Use the System File Checker tool to repair corrupted or missing system files:
- Click Start.
- Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open the elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with administrative rights).
- The User Account Control window should appear, be sure that the action it exhibits is correct, and then press the Continue button.
- Type or copy paste the below command line into it without quotes:
- "Sfc /scannow"
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Atheros wireless network adapter cannot be turned on:
How to Fix Atheros wireless network adapter cannot be turned on with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: How to Fix Problem - Auto row height adjustment on merged cells?,Solution to Error: Automatic Numbering Of Equations in Word 2010,How to Fix - Automatically updating worksheets tabs - run time errors?,Auto sampling of data Tech Support,[Solution] Backup to external hard drive failed, then boot manager not found - everything lost!,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?