Backup fails to complete, there is some I/O device error
Original Title: MS Backup fails to complete
I have been trying to back up my system using Windows Backup but it has failed repeatedly. The only information it returns is that there is some I/O device error.
I am backing up to a Seagate external disc with plenty of spare room - over 600GB - which has a dedicated USB3 port and has no other known vices.
What can he holding things up?
Anwsers to the Problem Backup fails to complete, there is some I/O device error
These I/O errors might occur if there are some bad sectors on the hard disk.
To help you better, please reply with the below information.
What is the complete error message you receive?Which antivirus application are you using?
I have come across the similar issue in the Microsoft Community.
Please follow the suggestions posted on
18th of March 2012 by Winston M and check if it fixes the issue.
Hope the information provided is helpful.
Keep us posted on the status of the issue.
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error Backup fails to complete, there is some I/O device error
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Backup fails to complete, there is some I/O device error:
How to Fix Backup fails to complete, there is some I/O device error with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Fast Solution to Problem: Automatically Connects to any network,[Anwsered] audio devices are \"disbled\" how can i fix this,Average with multiples if's, need to add an or [Anwsered],How to Resolve - Auto-Fill Button will not work on IE8.?,Troubleshoot:Auto Number\/ Auto Fill Error,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?