Boot from USB Hard Disc and Restoring Windows 7 Image on NetBook
I have a NetBook (Toshiba NB 205-n312/BL) which (obviously) lacks CD/DVD Rom.
So I had to install Windows 7 using a USB hard disc (Install windows from USB, not to confuse with on USB).
Facing a problem with turning on the wireless adapter (It has to be
done from software because there is no physical switch) I used my XP recovery partition, restored XP and turned wireless on.
Now there is the problem:
I can not restore Windows 7 Image (which I created before rolling back to XP) from the USB disc.
When booting from USB and entering Windows Recovery Environment, the System Image Recovery console can not recognize my Image which is stored on D Partition.
when I connect a second USB disc which also has a copy of Image, the Recovery partition can see both
of the Images but trying to restore one of those, the system says:
"To restore this computer, windows needs to format the drive that the Windows Recovery Environment is currently running on.
To continue with the restore, shut down this computer and boot it from a windows installation disc or a system repair disc and then
try the restore again."
(I have done several restores from Vista Recovery Environment with no problems!)
Any help is appreciated.
Keys to the Problem Boot from USB Hard Disc and Restoring Windows 7 Image on NetBook
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Boot from USB Hard Disc and Restoring Windows 7 Image on NetBook:
How to Fix Boot from USB Hard Disc and Restoring Windows 7 Image on NetBook with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.184.108.40.206 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.220.127.116.11 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.18.104.22.168 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.22.214.171.124 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: How to Fix Error - Calculated field breaks connection to Access file?,Solution to Error: C: Drive Running out of disk space,Tech Support: Brand new computer with Windows 7, Wireless connection working, still no internet?,[Anwsered] Bluetooth peripheral device driver isn't found? How do i fix this?,Troubleshooter of Error: BSOD error while using Google Chrome on Windows 7 x64.,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work