After installing Windows 7 the computer does not recognize my USB jump drives. How can I fix it?
This happens with any solid state USB drive that I could use in Win XP.
Solutions to the Problem After installing Windows 7 the computer does not recognize my USB jump drives. How can I fix it?
Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forum!
We would like to know more information related to this issue
· Is the issue only with flash drive or is it with all the USB drives?
· Was Windows 7 a clean/custom install or was it upgrade installation?
· Was it working before? Do you remember any recent software or hardware changes made on your computer?
· Do you receive any exact error code or error message when you plug the flash drive to the computer?
I would recommend you to try these methods:
Check if the device is getting detected in Device manager or you may even scan for hardware changes
Start, and then click Run.
devmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
Device Manager Window opens.
iii. In Device Manager, click your computer so that it is highlighted.
Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.
v. Restart the computer and check if the issue still persists.
Run the in-built troubleshooter.
Steps to follow:
i. Click on start, in the search box type in Troubleshooting
ii. Click on hardware and sound
iii. Select hardware and devices, follow the wizard.
Run the fix it tool which helps in resolving problems with USB devices.
Link: Tips for solving problems with USB devices
Thanks and Regards:
Samhrutha G S - Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
In this method we will try to Boot in Safe mode with Networking and see if the error still persists.
- Search "MSCONFIG" and Open.
- Click on Boot Tab
- Tick Safe Boot in Boot Option
- Select Network.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Reboot your System.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: After installing Windows 7 the computer does not recognize my USB jump drives. How can I fix it?:
How to Fix After installing Windows 7 the computer does not recognize my USB jump drives. How can I fix it? with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your system. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: Solution to Problem: Alignment page for HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One J510 series & HP 1050 All-in-One J410 series,[Solved] After upgrading to win 8.1 winpk filter error,Troubleshoot:After working fine our wireless home network is now acting very strangely! Error,After installing windows 8 my US Robotices fax has stopped working. Tech Support,After upgrading Acer 5515 to Windows 7, laptop freezes after hibernation,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?