After upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, getting alerts of High CPU useage
Hello...I keep getting alerts of high CPU useage of 98%, what is this, how does it affect performance and what should I be doing.I upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7.
Also my wireless provider let me know that I am using a large amount of gigabytes,
are these related at all or would it be for the downloading of games and such.
I appreciate your time.
Keys to the Problem After upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, getting alerts of High CPU useage
Hi Donna E.M.
I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.
Step 1: Follow the provided article.
View CPU utilization and other performance information
Step 2: Run the performance troubleshooter.
Step 3: Perform Clean Boot to see if there is any software conflict as clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts.
Note: After clean boot troubleshooting step, follow
Step 7 in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.
Use the System File Checker tool to repair corrupted or missing system files:
- Click Start.
- Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open the elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with administrative rights).
- The User Account Control window should appear, be sure that the action it exhibits is correct, and then press the Continue button.
- Type or copy paste the below command line into it without quotes:
- "Sfc /scannow"
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: After upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, getting alerts of High CPU useage:
How to Fix After upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, getting alerts of High CPU useage with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: [Solved] After Upgrade from 8 to 8.1 Corel Draw can't handle copy function,Solution to Error: After upgrading to Windows 7 on laptop, is it safe to remove Vista recovery partition?,How to Fix - After upgrade to windows 8.1 IE 11 not working at all?,Troubleshoot:After update, cannot use multiple monitors and also the scramble screen upon reboot Error,Troubleshooting:After reinstalling windows 7,I I can't join homegroup,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?